Thursday, January 6, 2011

To The Airport

"There's nothing half so pleasant as coming home again."

To The Airport,

You know, I was going to write a letter, complaining about my most recent visit to you. Complaining about how I had booked a connecting flight, but you canceled the second half of it, leaving me stranded on the other side of the country. Complaining about how I had to spend an hour and a half on hold just to rebook it. About how I waited another four hours just to check-in for that new flight, and about how when I went to go check-in, I found out you had booked me for one a full day later than I had asked. And then, to top it all off, I had to rebook again to a different airport, where my car was not, rent a car and drive three hours to go get it, just to drive another two hours home. Basically, to complain about how all I wanted to do was go home, but I was stuck with you, because of your incompetence. But now I am home, and I guess I just really don't care how long it took me to get here. It feels good to be back, thank you for making it possible.

Sincerely,
Faith Carter

4 comments:

  1. OH! Complain and demand free stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the demanding of free stuff! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a mess! I mean at least you are taking it in stride. I would be hysterical (maybe not visible to the general public but inside I would be overwhelmed with anxiety) so happy you made it home safe and sound :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went through that, ordering a cell phone. I didn't get what I wanted, at the price they advertised. They sent me a completely different phone. But complaining WORKS! I'm getting the phone for nothing (well, taxes) after talking to about a dozen people.

    ReplyDelete