Monday, December 27, 2010

Let It Out Monday


From the mind of Nil at ~nil~...

Dear Photograph,
you remind me of so much. So much that I might have forgotten coping with the cobwebs of city life, of other dreams that I'm chasing after, of broken chains that were meant to be only stronger with time, of myself. 
The delicate black and white of your skin holds my tiny finger like one of a baby's and leads me into a moment of my life that was frozen into mere parchement, that frozen moment was perhaps a mere second out of the scroll long years of my life, however that one frozen smile, tear, round eyes, freckle, frown tells and teaches me so much of who I am, what I might become or might have been.
When your skin smiled of warm colors- I could only feel the warmth of the sun again, the sounds of the honks nearby, the scream of the roadside wender, the bark of the angry dog, the whistle of the ticket collcetor... you take me back to yet another day of reality that makes me feel so alive and present again.
You have always had the strength to reduce me to my knees and pray again, pray for what only seemed like yesterday to come back. Pray for those people who've somehow let go or the ones who have held on so tight.. You have had the strength to show me the past as it was, without being biased or emotional.. as ironical as it sounds :)
May you capture me, many more of the sides that prevail and the ones that are hiding in somewhere, waiting for the time to step out.
For you let me make memories,
and that is something that only completes the mosaic of my life with everything right, wrong, perfect and imperfect.
For you are a frozen me, that can never disappear and will live on forever, as simply as one can ever ask for.

2 comments:

  1. This is so captivating. It's beautifully written. <3 You made me imagine the scenario as I read along the lines.

    Thank you for this. I couldn't have worded it any better.

    By the way, I'm a Plain White T's fan too! <3

    ReplyDelete