Monday, November 8, 2010

Dear Future Self

"Kissing her would be the end of life as I know it."

Dear Future Self,

Just watched P.S. I Love You. Now listening to Love You 'Til The End by The Pogues. That's the kind of mood I'm in right now- the one I get in after watching a real sappy romantic comedy. You know how it is. How are the guys in those movies always so perfect? I thought that "I deserved the best and he's out there. He's just with all the wrong women". (Gosh, that line makes me love that movie even more.) Is there really someone out there for me, just running around with all the wrong girls? Have I been doing the same? Or have I already met who I'm meant to be with? I don't think I have. There's no way, I feel like I'd just know... hopefully you do know, you have found him, and you're thinking about him right now. I just wish you could tell me somehow, so I'd know that everything is going to be alright, and I could stop worrying about it for once.

Guess I'll just have to wait it out...
Faith in the Present

11 comments:

  1. It happens when you least expect it...and you just know. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay. We all feel this way sometimes.
    Don't worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right there with you. Had this exact conversation with a friend this past weekend. But things always work out how they are supposed to... at least, that's the optomistic thinking that keep me going :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same after watching sappy movies. *sigh* But he IS out there. He has got to be. *grins*

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my all time favorite movies. Even though it is ridiculously unrealistic.

    Until the real boy comes along, I'll be more than satisfied with dreamy Gerard Butler. Check out Dear Frankie for more of his sultry goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm leaning toward taking the Lisa Kudrow approach on this one. Only the "are you gay" question would be "are you straight?" because I have the opposite problem. So much more efficient!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "wait and watch" one of the better advices I've ever gotten..

    thanks for following me

    btw: I loved ur blogger dp... the reason I actually came and commented here

    ReplyDelete
  8. But you *will* find him someday. Or he will find you. It won't be perfect. But it will be pretty close :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. i agree with the Goddess of Boho.. :) u'll meet some1 someday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Next time you're in one of those moods, I recommend watching "Love Story". Great, bittersweet movie.

    -RB
    http://justaddwaterlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. When you find "him" you will feel like if everything will be OK for ever if you stay in his arms...

    ReplyDelete